Futsal Match Report 25/02/15

Blackpool FC Futsal A Team V Blackburn Rovers FC A Team

A young Blackpool A team faced an experienced Blackburn side who dominated at the top of the league. Blackburn’s experience showed as they quickly took the lead. They punished every mistake that Blackpool made and were well in control at half-time with a 6-0 lead.

A spirited start in the second half saw Blackpool pull two goals back through Walmsey, however this was short lived as Blackburn stepped it up a gear and took control of the game once again.

Blackpool were able to score a third goal in the final minutes of the game through Starkie, who created an excellent partnership with Taylor, but it was too late for Blackpool as the game finished 13-3 to Blackburn.

Blackpool FC Futsal B Team V Blackburn Rovers FC B Team

Blackpool opened up the game with an explosive first 20 seconds, with a skilful goal from Severyn.  Blackpool went on to double their lead, as Severyn scored again placing the ball between the goalkeeper’s legs from a 1v1.

From that point, the game became quite physical and Blackburn managed to break down Blackpool’s defence and succeed with a goal.

After a time out Blackpool were able to slow the game down and keep their nerve as the first half ended 2-1. Blackburn came out in the second half with a high tempo, they pressed quickly on Blackpool, which saw them take a large share of possession for the first ten minutes.

A great defensive display from Blackpool saw them able keep the score to 2-1 with outstanding performances from Nagliati and Wylie.

Blackburn pushed forward which prompted Blackpool to change tactics, they used the space behind and introduced two target players to the game. This tactic paid off, as Betts and Severn were able to link up well and increase the lead with a goal from Betts.

Using the same tactics, Blackpool were able to increase their lead again with Horsley and Nagliati. Blackburn were able to get a goal before the end of the game, but this did not take the shine off an excellent team performance. The final score was 5-2.