Blackpool FC Community Trust has been delivering a Community Roadshow in schools all over Blackpool.
Community Roadshow is an exciting and enjoyable event for primary school pupils to get involved in.
As part of the Community Roadshow, Blackpool FC Community Trust arrive at schools and set up a large inflatable goal with numerous targets on, each consisting of a different number of points.
The Community Roadshow sees two pupils from each of the following year groups: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, participate in the event. The rest of the school will watch and support those who are participating. Each pupil gets five turns each and the aim of the Community Roadshow is to score as many points as possible.
The Community Roadshow is available throughout the Autumn One term, with the winning school receiving a prize. See below for the current league table:
Community Roadshow League Table
- Norbreck Primary Academy – 120 points (participated on 17th October)
- Stanley Primary School – 105 points (participated on 27th September)
- St John’s Vianney – 105 points (participated on 11th October)
- Holy Family Catholic Primary – 100 points (participated on 14th October)
- Hawes Side Academy – 90 points (participated on 30th September)
- Devonshire Primary Academy – 85 points (participated on 13th October)
Blackpool FC Community Trust’s Senior Physical Education Officer, Chris Debar, encourages as many schools to get involved in this fantastic opportunity. Chris said, “The Community Roadshow is an opportunity for schools to take part in a mini event, helping to generate a real sense of community togetherness throughout the school. Having peers from your school cheering you on is a great feeling, and the schools that have taken part have all engaged in a really positive manner.”
For more information on the Community Roadshow, please call Chris on 01253 348691.
Well done to @devonshireblack who participated in our communityroadshow
Total score: 85 pic.twitter.com/4Nsn80nTWZ
— Blackpool FC Community Trust (@BFCCT_) October 13, 2016