We are delighted to announce the launch of Blackpool FC Community Trust’s ‘poetry competition’ #Blackpoolrhyme
We want children, parents, and even grandparents to think about what makes Blackpool great and why you are proud to be associated with such a unique town.
The Poem can be any length and any style, and ALL standards are welcome…
Just use your imagination to write a unique poem that relates to our wonderful town.
To help you along the way here are some of the things your poem could contain:
- Blackpool FC – Memorable games, players, activities with the Community Trust or even the new owner
- The Beach – Wading in the sea, building sandcastles or playing beach games
- Attractions – Trips to the Pleasure Beach, Tower, Sandcastle or the Illuminations etc.
- The Resort Town – Donkeys, trams, piers and holiday makers
The competition will run from now until the end of April 2020 and will be split into three categories;
- Primary school aged children (5 to 11 years)
- Secondary school aged children (12 to 17 years)
- Adults (18+)
What are the prizes for the winners?
- Winners will receive a Blackpool FC goody bag
- We will arrange for a Blackpool FC player to be filmed reading your poem and for it to be published across our media platforms
- Your entry will also be printed in a Blackpool FC match-day programme and you will be invited as a guest to attend a match
How do I enter?
Simple. You can submit your entry via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our social media platforms via a ‘Direct Message’
Even better, if you can film yourself reading your poem, we will try to share as many as we can.
Go on… Give it a go!