It has been a busy November leading up to Remembrance Sunday, with lots of special events and activities taking place to commemorate the occasion.
Dave Maclean said,
“We take great pride in standing by our local armed forces community, and as Remembrance Sunday approached, we seized the perfect moments to express our profound support. Throughout the lead-up to this significant day, we orchestrated a series of impactful events and special sessions, all aimed at amplifying our gratitude and deepening our connection with those who have served.”
Here’s a quick list of all the activities we got up to:
- Veterans Armed Forces Stadium Tour.
- Blackpool FC’s COO Jonty Castle visited our Remembrance NAAFI with over 50 veterans and local charity/ organisations in attendance.
- Two Blackpool FC Players. Kyle Joseph and Dom Thompson visited our Forces Football session battling the wind and rain.
- Our Forces Fixtures team took a trip to Fleetwood Town FC Community Trust for the Remembrance Cup fixture. We won 4-3.
- Remembrance 1st fixture v Morecambe
- 4 Lancs named as match sponsors and picked and handed out the Player of the game award.
- 4 Lancs recruitment poster in the Morecambe and Shrewsbury Town Match Day Programme.
- 4 Lancs recruitment LED screen at the Morecambe and Shrewsbury Town games..
- £1 tickets were available for veterans for remembrance.
- We supported a bucket collection with Army Cadets for Royal British Legion before the Morecambe game, helping raise over £230 for RBL.
- Over 60 tickets given to cadets, cadet staff and family members.
- 4 Lancs guard of honour
- Wreath lay at game with Armed Forces Champion and councillor alongside forces representatives from our provision.
- Free Hospitality Box for 4 Lancs
- Free Hospitality Box for Councillor Armed Forces champion and Armed forces dignitaries from the Fylde coast
- Hospitality table for Armed forces dignitaries from the Fylde coast on the Shrewsbury Town Match
- Thanks to our community ticketing sponsor, LionTrust, we were able to invite 50 veterans, families, and cadets to the Shrewsbury Town match.
- As part of the Remembrance Match we included quotes and messages from members of our Armed Forces community in the Match Day Programme. We then mailed the Programme to families of veterans that have passed away.
- 2-minute silence and Veterans fundraiser at the programme fair.
For more information about our Armed Forces sessions: Armed Forces