Blackpool FC Community Trust is the charitable arm of Blackpool FC, delivered as a separate organisation, in partnership, with a focus on engaging, developing, inspiring and supporting the people of Blackpool to live better lives.
We are seeking an individual to work as part of our High School Hubs programme. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the supporting young people in reaching their potential.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of working with young people who need further support in education
• Knowledge of the range of barriers to achieving in education
• The ability to encourage and inspire people to achieve their potential.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to people effectively and professionally in all circumstances.
• Sensitivity to complex situations.
• Experience of mentoring/supporting individuals on one to one basis
Reporting to the Secondary Education Manager the post holder will be appointed to support and mentor identified pupils within Blackpool Secondary Schools through a range of provision including Premier League Inspires, transition support, one to one mentoring, and the Enterprise programme enabling them to achieve the best they can academically, socially, and emotionally. The post holder will therefore have a broad range of experience in working with young people, including teaching in line with a scheme of work and a very good understanding of current issues affecting them.
How to Apply
Please download the application form below. Once completed please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Blackpool FC Community Trust, F.A.O. Selina Hayes, Head of Education & Employability Programmes Bloomfield Road Stadium, Seasiders Way, Blackpool. FY1 6JJ.
This job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS procedures.
Closing Date: Monday 11th December, 5pm
We encourage early applicants as we reserve the right to close the application process at any time.