Are you passionate about a career in the football industry? If so, come and study with Blackpool FC Community Trust.
Blackpool FC Community Trust’s two-year Foundation Degree programme is a course designed for individuals wanting to attain a university qualification and are passionate about pursuing a career in the Sport, Leisure and football industry.
Students develop the necessary skills, qualities and characteristics that are required to work within professional football club community departments or national governing bodies.
Delivered in partnership with the University of South Wales, all lectures, seminars and tutorials are delivered in a supportive and inspirational club environment via online material.
Alongside the academic element of the course, students will complete up to 200 hours of voluntary coaching within the community, alongside the Community Trust and academy staff, allowing the students to embed and develop the coaching techniques learnt within lectures.
Through the Trust’s partnership with the University of South Wales, all students will be enrolled as a student at the university. Students will be able to access the university’s online library, blackboard and learning materials, providing them with the best possible learning platform to excel within.
Foundation Degree in Community Football Coaching and Development
An insight into some of the modules that will be covered:
- Football Event Management
- Football Coaching: Theory to Practice
- Technical Planning and Reflective Practice in Football
- Youth Football Coaching
- Sports Placement (Football/Rugby)
- Introduction to Sports Science for Football
- Physical Education and Community School Sport
Prerequisites to Apply:
- BTEC Level 3 – MPP. A Level – DD
- Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
- Three A*-C grades at GCSE, including English and Maths
Student Finance Support:
You may be entitled to apply for a maintenance loan if you are on a full-time course, which will depend on household income.
- The maximum when living with parents/guardians and under the age of 25 years old is £7,324
- The maximum when living away from home or over the age of 25 is £8,700
- You may eligible to apply for additional financial support depending on circumstances
Tuition Fee Loans:
Tuition fees can be covered and don’t need to be repaid until you are qualified and earning at least £25,000 a year
Here is an indication into what your monthly payments could be, once qualified and in full-time employment
|Annual Income||Amount of income from which 9% will be deducted||Monthly repayment|
|Up to £25,000||£0||£0|
|Up to £30,000||£5,000||£37.50|
|Up to £35,000||£10,000||£75.00|
|Up to £45,000||£20,000||£150.00|
These figures apply to the current year and could change from year to year whilst on the course
Following the completion of the Foundation Degree, there is a third year available – (BSc Hons) Football Coaching, Development and Administration (Top Up)
If you wish to apply for the course, please go to www.southwales.ac.uk/sport. For further information on the course please contact Caroline Bailey via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 01253 348691