Blackpool FC Community Trust is a vibrant and forward thinking charity, providing a range of opportunities for people in Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre to increase social inclusion and education; improve physical fitness and health; and lessen involvement in negative activities and anti social behaviour.
Projects are delivered in primary and secondary schools, local colleges, with local community groups, and within local wards. Participants range from just a few months old to groups of older people. Sessions take place with families, people with disabilities, and women and girls groups.
All projects are funded externally through a number of different streams, including the Football League Trust, Premier League Community Fund, Sport England, Big Lottery, Football Foundation, local housing associations, NHS Blackpool and local councils to name a few.
Blackpool FC Community Trust works very closely with the other major organisations in Blackpool, including NHS Blackpool Clinical Commissioning Group, Blackpool Council and Blackpool Football Club, as part of the Altogether Now – a legacy for Blackpool campaign, which looks to bring organisations together, to reach common goals in a more productive and joined up way.
Aims and Objectives
- To promote Blackpool Football Club throughout all its work and to encourage increased interest and support for the Club.
- To promote the work of the Blackpool FC Community Trust throughout the North West region and to establish programmes of activity for the benefit of the local community.
- To develop and promote programmes aimed at healthier lifestyles for the local community.
- To develop and provide educational and learning opportunities for local people.
- To work in partnership with local groups, associations and organisations to help develop programmes of work and activities throughout the local area for the benefit of all.
- To promote equal opportunities for all – and equality of access to all activities.